When inspecting a home, there are many factors to consider, but one of the most crucial ones is the energy efficiency of the home. If your home has low energy efficiency there comes the risk of unnecessary spending when it comes to your electric bill. If your energy bills are exceeding what you expect, an energy report could be incredibly helpful in determining from where the problems are stemming so you can make the necessary energy upgrades.
At EDC, we use thermal imaging technology while gathering information from roughly 40 different data points around your home. In doing so, we are then able to tell you which steps can be taken to improve the efficiency of your home, ultimately saving you money. Elements within the home which can contribute to energy waste often include:
- Faulty Windows which allow air to escape resulting in your air conditioning working harder to compensate.
- Inefficient Appliances which either use more energy than necessary or act as ‘vampire appliances’ which use standby power when not in use.
- Weak insulation, failing to regulate temperature properly and necessitating more heating and cooling from your A/C unit.
- Poor light bulbs that use too much power and can be replaced with more efficient options.
- Leaky fixtures, leading to excessive hot water usage.
Getting an energy report for your future home is crucial to ensuring that you are getting a good deal and allows you a decent understanding of the possible energy bills you may face. Before you move in, you should always trust EDC Professional Home Inspections to provide your home with the necessary and thorough inspections required to catch any potential issues with your new home. For more information on our Master Inspector certified services, contact us today at 407-417-2999.